Sometimes the apparently simple things are the hardest, and seeing as it took me over 7 hrs to find a wood axe to chop wood with, the following I hope will be of some use to you.
How Do I Join the Dark Brotherhood?
The Dark Brotherhood are the most secretive of all the factions in Skyrim and not the nicest company you could keep, but if your a cold blooded killer of innocents, you'll feel right at home in their company. Being so secretive means they can be a little tricky to find.
1. Leads and Rumours
- Try talking to bartenders in Windhelm.
- Idesa Sadri in Candalhearth Hall in Windhelm. Ask them about cursed children.
- Maul in Riften (near City Entrance) will share information on the Dark Brotherhood and the Thieves Guild for a price.
- The children at the Honorhall Orphanage will also tell you about Aventus Aretino.
- With a rare bit of luck a Windhelm town guard may mention that the Arentino boy is trying to summon the Dark Brotherhood, which will trigger a miscellaneous memo on your to do list.
2. Speak to Aventus Aretino and take the quest “Innocence Lost.” Nothing happens. Yet.
3. A wee while after completing "Innnocence Lost", a courier will deliver note to you.
4. A good nights sleep and you’ll be contacted by the Dark Brotherhood.
6.Talk to the stranger at your bedside, and you’re in.
NOTE: You may wish to consider at this stage whether you would like to rid Skyrim of this organistion of Psychopaths. Attacking the Dark Brotherhood representative, Astrid, will trigger the quest "Destroy the Dark Brotherhood" This is the one and only chance you will get to destroy them, after you join the Brotherhood Members cannot be killed.
Alf the Helper: Alternatively you could just wander around chopping random npcs to death, with merciless and bloodthirsty abandon. :)
Elderly: ? Alf, please, take you medication, then go and lie down, I can handle this.
Alf the Helper: But.. I haven't mentioned the hacking and the dismemb....
Elderly: ALF! Bed now!!
Alf the Helper: :( (sniff) I was only trying to help
How do I buy a house in Skryim?
Gold: Location: Buy from:
5000 Whiterun: Proventus Avenicci, the Jarl’s Steward. Must complete “Bleak Falls Barrow.”
8000 Riften: The Steward of Riften.
8000 Markarth: The Steward of Markarth
12000 Windhelm: The Steward of Windhelm after completing quests for the Stormcloak Faction
25000 Solitude: The Steward of Solitude, only after completing a quest for the Jarl of Solitude
How do i get married in Skyrim?
Why would you?.... okay ..if you must...here we go...
1. Head to the Temple of Mara in Riften
2. Talk to the priest named Maramal, whose either in the temple or on walkabout around town.
3. Talk to Maramal about Mara and weddings, and he'll ask you if you know how marriage works. After an explanation, you'll get the chance to buy an Amulet of Mara for 200 Gold.
4. Wearing this amulet is how you let the whole world know you'd like to settle down. There are loads of potential spouses in Skyrim, as in real life, some of them require you jump through hoops before they'll marry you.
5. Once Married, you can talk to your spouse and decide where you'd like to live. Pick a house you own, or to tick off your inlaws live in your spouse's home. Don't worry the decision isn't permanent and you can move homes later if you choose.
How do I get to High Hrothgar?
There are two legs to your Journey, Whiterun to Ivarstead and Invarstead to High Hrothgar
Whiterun to Ivarstead: After defeating the first dragon, you must get from Whiterun to Ivarstead. A long eventful journey, lined with wolves and bandits and ... well you'll see. In Whiterun, turn east and head down the path following the signs all the way to Ivarstead.
Ivarstead to High Hrothgar: The route starts along a path on the eastern side of Ivarstead. Follow the snow covered steps up the mountain from Ivarstead and continue all the way to High Hrothgar. Along the way a few ice wolfs and a rather nasty Frost Troll has other plans for you. Meet and dispatch said troll ( easier with Lydia by your side) and the path is now clear to High Hrothgar.
Alf the Helper: Hack em, chop chop.... :D
Alf the Helper: I'm going, I'm going.. jeees
See also Skyrim Vampire Cure