Thursday, December 06, 2012

Fuse Trailer and Wallpaper 2013

1600x900
 
 
Whilst salivating at the prospect of Santa's arrival, I decided to take a peak at some of the delights awaiting us for 2013 and came across this offering from Insomniac Games (creators of Ratchet & Clank and Resistance).

A reworking of the four-player co-op game once known as "Overstrike",  published by Electronic Arts for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 and due March 2013.

What They say....
“a 4-person co-op action shooter that thrusts players into the roles of four elite, covert agents with their own unique skills and experimental weapons.”

“Fuse demonstrates what Insomniac does best: outlandish and gruesome weapons design, over-the-top action and a touch of humor."

"....story-driven, action game where even solo players can experience the unique attributes of each agent by using the game’s LEAP feature to switch between the four characters at will during combat."

Possessing as I do the online co-op prowess and team spirit of a slug, a 4 player co-op is enough to leave me cold, nay catatonic. But that "Leap" feature, which reportedly allows solo players to switch with any AI team character at will, a newly developed game engine and Insomniac's penchant for outlandish weaponry... well who knows, but this is defo going on my must investigate more list for 2013....

Official Game Website

6 comments:

GamingAles said...

That cover photo fills me with generic-shooter dread unfortunately... :( and like you, my co-op and team-player skills are somewhat lacking but the other features seem very interesting. Started to hear positive murmurings about this game though (I asked them to speak up but they just murmured something).

Unknown said...

They do that on purpose, it's a marketing ploy.. But Alf has developed what he's calling his "Speak up" headphones, Mind you I haven't tried them, but he swears it encourages the speaker to enounciate their words much more clearly....

...I'll just the attach this big box to my chest and .... you grab this lead with the Headphones attached.... and let's see I press this green button and..

Blog Narrator said...

..This is not going to end well

Unknown said...

Don't be silly, what could possibly go wrong....

GamingAles said...

(..looks at suspiciously small writing on big box attached to Mr. Elderly's chest..)

er.. I think it says "Brown noise amplifier" on that box...

I'll get a mop and bucket... :(

Unknown said...

Thanks Bickle :) Alf swore this would work, but no harm to having the mop ready, it is after all a prototype...

Now where was I.... Depress the silver switch and prime some thing called the Ionator....

....where the hell is the Ionator...? That springy looking thing must be it....

Okay... Looks like we're ready.. :)