Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Project Sylpheed Arc of Deception (Xbox 360)


Seamus the Leprechaun here, blest blogger on the netherly gamer.

Despite it's release in Europe on June29th last and it's release today in the US, the number of reviews available for Project Sylpheed are worryingly scarce, methinks the critics are all too busy getting ready for E3 which starts today. Incidentally I wasn't invited, but I did get a hold of the conference timetable. oh well!! it wouldn't have been the same without the booth babes. Where was I? oh yes. . . . .

Project Sylpheed is 3-D makeover of the classic, mid-‘80s scrolling shooter franchise. As Katana Faraway (. . . i checked and yes that is his name), players must pilot a Delta Saber space fighter equipped with a highly customizable arsenal of weapons. In order to succeed, Katana must execute squadron commands and monitor their speed, shield, radar and weapons as they maneuver out of challenging situations and defend Earth against the evil ADAN forces.

Scoring 70% from just 3 reviews on Metacritic.com

Reviews Summary
Project Sylpheed is a very decent shoot-'em-up, full of spectacular set-pieces and blessed with tight controls, but it lacks real depth
This game ably fills a gaping whole in one of gaming's most pure and heady genres
If you like space shooters then Project Sylpheed is well worth a look

Full Review from Eurogamer

Official Game Site (may not open for firefox users)
Offical Japanese site, easily navigable

posted by the Leprechaun

Clickable inkies

14 comments:

NSonic79 said...

I tried this game on the demo version. It's really tight and there is so much action going on that you can actually lose yourself in trying to zero in on the bad guy let alone your own forces. It's not your mindless shooter nor is it complex as a flight sim.
It makes me greatful that GameArts isn't dead and long forgotten.

Unknown said...

(red faced the elderly spills the beans) I haven't a single space flight sim in my collection..... and I can't for the life of me figure out why? (sits in the corner....but pencils in Project Sylpheed in his must play before I die book).

fatherkrishna said...

I really like the look of this... Demo you say Timerunner? *Heads back to the Japanese site...*

gnome said...

Definitely reminds me of something, isn't it so oh best and tallest blogger of this very blog?

Unknown said...

This would be a renter at most for me... Just not my type of game.. Still awaiting the new Ace Combat tho.

Trying to hold out till fall before I start adding to my collection again. Going to be a good handful of top games coming...

Unknown said...

Yes most illustrious Gnome as bestest and tallest blogger on this here blog, i can confirm that it definitely reminds you of something..... here let us investigate....

(puts crystal ball on coffee table.....)

Deitrix, I never gave space combat a proper innings, i like the concept but my skills are cra... err chronic...

hold on FK I'll be with you... I think we made need this...(unplugs Xbox 360...)

gnome said...

What is it then oh benevolent blogger who you are so absolutely huge?

Unknown said...

...a mist covers my eyes.... but I can see it clearly now... yes it's Phantasy Star Universe... (presses button on crystal ball... print out reads

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/
683/683256.html

am i right? am I? huh? whadda think? got it in one didn't I? well didn't I? huh?

(elderly rubs crystal ball...) never let me down yet....

gnome said...

Fantastic! Yes! Exactly that!

Well, only with tits, but close enough... Impressive little ball you got there...

Unknown said...

(stares lovingly at crystal ball....) yes a little gem I have here.... a bargain too, at only €11.99.. yep fate smiled on me the day I saw that ball..... and it's only rechargeable battery pack.... what more could a ball user want.....

gnome said...

Wi-Fi I guess would be nice... And a GPS receiver.

Unknown said...

Wi-fi, that would be amazing.... with an crytal ball Opera Browser...

...(consider Gnomes Comment)

I was treated for GPS by my Doctor a few years back.. .so I might give the GPS a miss... the chance of re-infection I beleive is high..

gnome said...

Oh dear... Try a double-channel one. They can accomplish 2ppm precision...

Unknown said...

2ppm precision.. thats incredible.... I fell much better about it now.. how come my doctor never knew about this..... im ringing the medical council....