Monday, August 13, 2012

Darksiders 2 Trailer, Arena mode and Popcorn

You as Death

Darksiders 2 Trailer

Arena Mode Trailer

Released Dates: 14th August in US and the 21st in Eu.
for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Microsoft Windows and a launch tile late 2012 for Wii U.

Darksiders II is an action adventure game carrying on from it's extraordinarily well received predecessor (83% on Metacritic). Events are set in the same time period as before, a "parallel sequel" I'm told,  but this time out you take control of the Horseman Death, instead of his brother War.

As Death you set out on a personal mission to find proof of your brother's innocence, enlisting the help of powerful beings from the Nether Realm as you saunter across city maps and dungeons that are collectively double the size of the original.

Finished the game, no problem! a new Arena Mode called the "Crucible" allows you to develop Death even further, with up to 100 levels of progressively more difficult enemies awaiting you with each wave. Not satisfied with that then a  "New Game+" allows Death to retain all his items and skills and set about a replay with more difficult enemies and challenges.

Double the bang for your buck!?

Official Website

Eldery: Okay Alf you can turn off the capital Letter thingy...
Elderly: Alf!!!!!
Alf The Helper: erm.. remember the last time I burnt the popcorn?
Elderly: Yes
Alf The Helper: gulp!... well.... we're experiencing a parallel sequel....

8 comments:

GamingAles said...

I want this game NOW!!!

I still fail to understand why we get games a week later than the US... and why Alf always burns the popcorn...

Unknown said...

(scratches head...)

It is aggravating and in these days of instant downloads ridiculous....

The delay I think is due to the customs officers setting aside time to play the game, along with their buddies, first. Though I could be wrong.

:(

My bad I ignored the original, but I'm aiming to sort that out this weekend,

as for the Alf..

(whispers.....)
He is up for adoption you know...

GamingAles said...

You're going to get Darksiders this weekend? But... but... but... Darksiders 2 is out on Tuesday!! And you'll need about a month to finish the first one! Plus all those other games you mentioned that require finishing...

Unknown said...

...I could give up work completely!!!! :)

...dedicate myself to playing games until I run out of money, have my home repossessed and start starving to death...

8(

erm... I may need to rethink this

Jason said...

I really want to play this game, but there's only so many hours in the day. Sheesh :(

Anyone else give it a whirl? How is it?

Unknown said...

Hi Jason, reports from the other side of the pond are very good, though there are a number of frustrating bugs, hopefully patchable. Out today here, but gotta finish the first...erm first.

Thanks for the comment and by the way your site knocked my socks off... 8)

(puts socks back on....)

GamingAles said...

I'm playing it as I write this (multi-tasking) and can report that's it awesomely epic! And I've only just scratched the surface. If you havent already, ignore OXM's 7/10 , it's easily ...er... an 8/10 +

Unknown said...

and they say we can't multi-task

(drops plate and ham sandwich....)

:(

and who rattled OXM's cage?