Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The xbox 360 Towel Trick and the Yellow SNES


There are some evenings, when gamers despair.

Take this evening, having completed 97% of Enchant Arms only to find I've got to spend more than 5 hours in the tacked on, achingly dull, arcade hall sub game ( roulette, bingo) to earn enough cash to buy mega skill points to boost my Hit Points from 1,500 to 6,000 in order to finish the final boss battles.

If i'd wanted to gamble at roulette or bingo or blackjack with imaginary credits i'd have signed onto an online gambling site. Completely insane!

At times like that, articles on using a towel to cure your xbox 360's red light circle of doom or finding out the true reason behind your discoloured SNES, do help to ease the frustration of a moronic game ending.

Needless to say I won't be finishing enchant arms, but I will be keeping a towel handy just in case.

Clickable inkies

11 comments:

gnome said...

A most brilliant post Mr.Elderly and an interesting insight in horrible (dispicable, satanic, nasty, dirty, evil, right-wing, silly, inept) game design...

NSonic79 said...

Thank you for the enchanted arms warning.

(crosses game off list)

I guess I am one of the lucky ones since my SNES is still in prestine condition. Any takers? 200 Dollars?

...


No?

Unknown said...

thank you Gnome, such understanding makes the 97% i completed seem worthwhile...... (kicks enchant arms box......)

Snes in perfect condition $200 appears ... erm.... generous..... can't imagine why nobody has snapped up such a kind offer.....

fatherkrishna said...

I must urge you all to buy, play and cherish Lost Planet on 360...
I'm making excuses to go to Gamestation to play sneaky 10 minute bursts on the display stand...

Unknown said...

indeed the quite polished trailer has appeared on Irish television.... captivating indeed......

gnome said...

Would you say then it's captivating like something that's very captivating?

Ross said...

I have two SNES's. One is heavily used and one is like-new. However both have yellowed over time. I was lucky enough to get one at a local shop here for $10, but I do not frequent the local shops too often as they are dangerous to go to because of high crime rates. Anyhoot Enchanted Arms, especially after reading this, doesent seem like the game for me... I think I'll pass.

NSonic79 said...

Okay, for you guys and you guys alone I shall sell off my prestine vintage SNES for 199.99. And you don't even have to go to a high crime rate area.

...

no still?

Unknown said...

goddam timerunner you are really in quite a generous humour, allowing such a pristine part of history go for a mere trifle. Does mrs. timerunner know of your generosity?

..captivating.... as in when it's playing it's captivating, but not so captivating as to have me going back to look at it again..... a temporal captivation then...

Ross $10 surely you jest, and me thinking timerunner had lost the plot... though risking life and limb for such a bargain is admirable....

gnome said...

:)

Unknown said...

:)