Sunday, November 19, 2006

"Renai Shashin" Ai Otsuka



Ai Otsuka (born September 9, 1982) is a Japanese pop female singer-songwriter and pianist from Osaka, Osaka Prefecture, Japan. She is best-known for her 2003/2004 hit Sakuranbo, Ai Otsuka is signed to record label avex trax, one of the biggest record labels in Japan which also manages other high-profile artists like Ayumi Hamasaki, Kumi Koda, BoA, Namie Amuro, and Every Little Thing. Otsuka has also appeared in television commercials and acted in the drama Tokyo Friends, released on DVD. Her promotional videos are filmed as mini-dramas. She is qualified to teach kindergarten, and has said she will become a kindergarten teacher if her singing career collapses. With singles like this (no 4 in Japanese charts), that's a slim chance.


Ai Otsuka Official Website
Wikipedia bio

Clickable inkies

13 comments:

fatherkrishna said...

Elderly My God dear chap!
Either like me you find saucy Japanese ladies easy on the eye or you are a genuine fan of 'world music'... either leaning is ultimately commendable...Well done!
BTW would you kindly stop by my place and add oomment to my most recent verbal nonsense regarding the old Dreamcast? I'd be much obliged...

NSonic79 said...

She looks cute.

May I pet her also?

Ross said...

I grant you permission to.

Ross said...

...after I'm done, at least ;-)

Unknown said...

..hey steady on, she's a guest in my house and there wont' be any "petting"......

...well out of sequence that is.....

if people could form an orderly cue...and the lady permits such behaviour...... well sure i can't see anything wrong.....

am i the only one that things the song is rather good....?

Unknown said...

...and where's my manners, that you all for your kind comments.....

(puts timekeeper back in the cue.....)

now i'll just make a nice cup of tea, .........

Anonymous said...

Would "smitten" be the appropriate word?

If not, I can quickly come up with a half-dozen or more so words that would describe my immediate attraction to this lovely young lady...

Leave J-pop to pursue a career in primary education? I would be forced to do my best "Billy Madison" imitation :)

Unknown said...

it's my regular "start of the evening" fix at the moment listening to her dulcet refrains and seeing that rather heady smile..


...(lost in reverie....)

fatherkrishna said...

careful Elderly, I've seen a few lawsuits start in just the same way...

Random J said...

She does look cute. I'm a sucker for sexy J-Pop stars me!

Unknown said...

..indeed father krishna i would apparently be veering in Benny Hill fashion to a slippery slope...... thank you!....

.... though the cold bucket of ice water water was a tad unnessary

J I can earnestly assure you, you are not in a minority..... A quite excellent blog you've got there by the way.....

fatherkrishna said...

God Benny Hill... I feel the need to chase my Mrs, round the kitchen whilst followed by a collection of scantily clad unknowns...
Elderly I'm guessing you look like the Hillster and drive the "fastest milk cart in the west"..,
(LOL)

elderly said...

..indeed FC you are quite perceptive, indeed in both facial features and erm!! "pursuits", I am not unlike the venerable mr.Hill

(checks room for hidden cameras....