Thursday, November 30, 2006

Problems with Wii

Ahhh the Wii....... apart from providing an opportunity to write far more interesting headlines, it appears design difficulties with the strap attached to the Wii-mote is causing the most horrendous of injuries to electronic equipment, threatening the life-time of your brand new HD TV, plasm screen or Laptop and potentially endangering the bone structure of your favourite old person.

Luckily a brand new website entitled "Wii have a problem" is documenting such horrendous accidents. See the carnage first hand on

Wii have a Problem


And if that doesn't keep chill the very marrow in your bones take a look at,

the top ten Wii complaints from 1up

Still not flabbering a gaster, then perhaps you'll want to check out a graphics comparison between the xbox360 and the much lauded graphical superiority of the Ps3. It will leave you a bit puzzled as to what type of medication Ken Kutaragi was on when he said:

"With the PS3, our intentions have been to create a machine with supercomputer calculation capabilities for home entertainment...You can experience the 4D world."

1up What the Cell is Going on

The elderly gamer, bringing you the latest console news as it happens..... only a month later!!

Clickable inkies

11 comments:

fatherkrishna said...

God critics! Samuel Beckett held them in the lowest of esteem... is yer glass of Wii (geddit?) -it's a bit like wee (phnarr, phnarr!) - half full or half empty???
Anyway Elderly my esteemed colleague, could you nip over to my place and leave your opinion on my latest epistle...I'd be much obliged...(hic!)it's the usual rambling nonsense...

Unknown said...

oui i will nip overe.... avec le grand plaisir... et merci beaucoup pour la ...erm.... commente.....

fatherkrishna said...

Ooh! Is that a bit of a Beckett/French writing reference there?
God Elderly, my Irish heritage is slightly tenuous... I just use words like 'feck' and 'Jayzus' to score points with yer...
Still the Early family name is pure Irish, and my Nan used to buy 'Ireland's Own' every Christmas... Good (Very Bad) Catholic Boy me...
Feck it! As Welsh as I am I'll always be a Fenian!
Now so drunk I'm rambling... I honestly have no idea what i started off writing!!!
Hic! I fecking love you... etc.

Thomas Mulrooney said...

For some reason 1UP has completely stopped working for me. I just can't access the site from this PC at all!

I should check it on the other PC first, before delving into my router :-(

Unknown said...

(throws a duvet cover over Fatherkrishna...... leaves a glass of water and two anadin beside the couch....leaves a "i feckin love you too card" next to the glass)

Hiya Tom!....1up has slowed down significantly for me, though i normally access the site with firefox..... it may just be heavy traffic on that particular article...

my hair stands on end (no mean feat) when i hear talk of a router......

Thomas Mulrooney said...

I mean the whole site though, on either Firefox or IE.

It hasn't worked in months :-(

Anonymous said...

my routers set for maximum privacy, but i do have java and cookies enabled...no problem acessing 1up, now that's a glitch.....

fatherkrishna said...

wakes up blearry eyd on Elderly's couch... Coughs violently, waits for room to stop spinning then catches sight of Elderly's note...
Feels warm glow of acceptance and love. Lights fag, begins to feel nauseous then gets up, stumbles towards the bathroom to throw up and soils himself... Oh well, just another day... LOL! happy days!

Unknown said...

....ah the morning after you can't beat it....

Unknown said...

4d world my arse!!!

I've seen nothing better than the 360 as of yet....

See what happens in about a year..??

Unknown said...

thoroughly Agree maestro Deitrix.... bows to the wisdom of Youth.....