Saturday, March 03, 2012

I Am Alive Xbox live Preview




Developed by Ubisoft Shanghai and published by Ubisoft, Due for download on XBLA on March 7th 2012 and PSN Spring 2012

What it says on the tin
One year after a worldwide cataclysmic event that wiped out most of the human race, a man struggles for survival in a desolate city as he tries to reunite with his long lost wife and daughter. In this post-apocalyptical tale, there are no supernatural threats, just an everyman who faces a decaying and hazardous world and humanity’s darkest inclinations. Will you hang on to your humanity and help strangers or are you ready to sacrifice others in order to survive?

Gameplay
Third person view for navigation, and first-person when aiming and shooting,
Gameplay has you dealing with three key elements, stamina management, gathering resources and Combat.

"I am alive" places emphasis on climbing and exploration, managing your stamina will be critical for survival and you'll be rewarded by gaining access to hidden paths, resources and other survivors.

Along the way you'll collect hidden resources and supplies which are scattered throughout the city: water, food, gas, medicine, cigarettes, tools, climbing gear, weapons, and ammo.

Survivors will adopt different behaviors and adapt to your actions. Some are friendly and need assistance, some are scared and others are hostile and will use group tactics to take you down.

Okay you've got my attention.... but then so did the ill fated Amy and I can't help but  ponder why a game that sounds this good didn't make it to disc.  Call me skeptical.

Offcial Website

Alf the Helper: Your skeptical!!! ...cynical !!! and a... a miser!!.... ahem.. 
:(    oops!, sorry I got carried away...

(Alf runs out of the room before Elderly can get a hand on him...)

11 comments:

GamingAles said...

Been playing this a bit. Combat is a bit iffy, as are the controls. But wait!!! Put your scepticism away for a sec... there's something about it that's... er... right. It's moody, it's evocative, it's ambitious. And it just about works... just about.

Unknown said...

Thank you and yes I shall cast aside completely my scepticism dear Bickle. :)

From what I've read you sum it up brilliantly, this is defo one for download.... erm.. after I make up for convincing myself I didn't need the collector's copy of ME3 :(

gnome said...

As for me, well, staying alive too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_izvAbhExY&ob=av3e

Unknown said...

Good and verily right that you are still alive my cherished friend, The Universe is in balance. Fortunate as well even!!

eeek!!! I used to wear trousers that tight!!!! 8(

oh the shame......

Unknown said...

I watched some game-play and review vids, and It looks like it needed a bit more polishing before release.

Oh well, I'm mostly pc gaming till maybe some big console releases later this year. Interested to see how the new Resident Evil game plays coming here at the end of the month..

Might as well have some tea while I'm here.

Unknown said...

Heya Deitrix :)

Gonna wait til I Am Alive drops in price, a fiver for 5 hours of gameplay would be about right.

Save a place in the Resident Evil Queue for me oh and oh yes Alf will be along shortly with the tea.... Got him a new Butlers outfit...

...Alf!!!!

Alf the Helper said...

Yup I'm here, what is it now??

hiya Deitrix... :)

Unknown said...

Ahem!.... perhaps we'll try that again Alf

(Elderly clips Alf around the ear, drags him out of the room, a small scuffle can be overheard, a few minutes later Elderly returns..)

Sorry about this Deitrix, hired help is so hard to get these days, right let's try that again..

Alf!!!!!

Alf the Helper said...

(Alf re-enters, holding his left ear...)

Sir, perhaps master would like some tea for his esteemed guest?

(And just as the hapless little fella bows to his boss, the unmistakable sound of an unwelcome, unbidden and unfortunate fart echoes in the hallowed room)

8(

Unknown said...

LOL!

I wondered what ever happened to ole Alf.. It's been ages since I've seen him.

Unknown said...

Ah Yes goo old Alf, unfortunate that, recovering at the moment from corrective bowel surgery.....

..never meant to kick him that hard... but accidents happen..

Tea?