Thursday, July 06, 2006

Blogger Buddies the story so far JUNE


I'ts been too long (May) since we visited the blogger buddies featured on my sidebar from hell. I can happily report that the majority have been very busy indeed.

Some have managed to mash their keyboards to a pulp, others have fallen asleep on the job while others have disappeared down deep dark holes.

For this feature i've highlighted just one post from each buddie, which in my ancient opinion was exceptional. However as you should never trust old people, visit the blogs yourself and see what all the fuss is about.

Gnomes Lair
Post: Now this is sick! nice!
What started out as a potentially definitive discourse on game censorship, turned into a posting frenzy of the most horrendous game imagery puttable upable on a blog...

Deixtrix Artworks
Post: Acrin and Jerduiths Concepts
The first in (I hope) a series of concept art from an artist, gamer and latent fantasy writer.

Dreamcast Junkyard
Post: Soul Calibur + Fishing Controller = Wii!
Yes long before the wii controller there was the Dreamcast fishing rod, and he has the video proof.

Gamer C
Post: Custom Wallpaper
Updating on almost daily basis, and since we last visited he's posted a raft of game speedruns, all worthy of inclusion, but i've opted for a very special piece of art "Poison Batman" currently displayed in all its glory on my desktop.

Progamer
Post: Bootleg DS carts
Gone on holidays hasn't he, lucky ........ however he did manage to warn us all about bogus DS carts, so educate yourself before you become a victim.

360style.net

Currently undergoing a redesign but main page has a link to some forza motorsport HD wallpapers

Costume Get
Post: July/Aug costume outlook
does exactly what it says, a heads up on some worthy costumes potentially rustling their way to your favourite console, check out the list of costumes available for rule of rose, or king of fighters.

Lowdown411.com
Post: Xbox360 faceplate collections
and more importantly an ongoing project to index every 360 faceplate known to man or woman, or gnome or leprechaunette for that matter

Photo has absolutely nothing to do with blogger buddies, but it was too good to leave on my hardrive. From the most recently discovered tomb in the valley of the kings KV63

elderly tags

38 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Sire...

And I'm definitely starting something like that...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words elderly.

I have a lot in the works. I'll have discussions about all the next gen consoles, more game soundtracks and wallpaper, and game walkthroughs and tips, which I'll post in video format on YouTube.

Unknown said...

Gamer C, that whetted my appetite admirably, congratulations on the originality and content, ace blog

kisses gnomes feet

it was enjoyable trying to figure out which was my favourite post.
(runs off to make a pot of tea and coffee) stay a while i'll just run out and get some bikkies

Anonymous said...

...don't do that...

Or I 'll call the leprechaunette Dominatrix to have her way with you...

Take your time Mr. Elderly

(gets comfortable)

Unknown said...

(seven and half hours later, elderly carries back two silver pots, steam rising from their delicate spouts)

milk! sugar!

Anonymous said...

Both please... Ah, that's nice.

Unknown said...

(looks around the room) where did gamer C go?......no patience these young one...oh well (pours himself a cup of coffee, sets winamp to stun)

Anonymous said...

I saw him rush for the young ladies...

Anonymous said...

Damn straight I rush towards the young ladies. Never know who may be the next Mrs.GamerC.

(Did I say next? I mean the first... FIRST!!)

Unknown said...

ah there you are Gamer C.........
hmmmmmm a freudian slip? perhaps your married in an alternative universe......

I try to rush towards young ladies, but for some reason they call the police, so i've just had to learn to resist the impulse.

(pours a fresh cup for everybody)

i'm surprised you stayed in situ mr.gnome......

Anonymous said...

It's me back... won't let me move... Besides -admttedly at times only- I do almost feel like a married man. Must be getting old...

Unknown said...

Admirable indeed mr.gnome and more to do with having found a piece of fruit cake in a world full of brown bread than your age.

Anonymous said...

More like a whale finding a piece of applepie I guess.. Age certainly has something to do though. Hope not, of course...

Unknown said...

age or applepie......a dilemna!

Anonymous said...

;) Quite...

Anonymous said...

:)

Unknown said...

((:
(:
:

(adjusts horizontal)

:)

Anonymous said...

Very well

-
. .
^^^

...almost there...

Unknown said...

ingenious mr.gnome ingenious



no sound!......pictures fine but the sounds gone......

(shouts up to gnome, who's on the roof fixing the bloggin antenna)

Anonymous said...

(shouting back)

Just pass me the other wrench...

..sound will be right up.

Ah, the things I do for Art.

Unknown said...

Gnome i cant tell you how much i appreciate this.....

(elderly climbs ladder with the other wrench.....but gnome is nowhere to be seen, elderly spots gnome on his neighbours roof adjusting the aerial)

oh shit!.......

Anonymous said...

Damn!

Unknown said...

(gnome tip toes across roof, and soon arrives on elderly's roof, suddenly the humming bird of enlightment pecks elderly in the forehead)

Ahmmm Gnome, this is all my fault, I just remembered I don't have an aerial...I get cable.......

(gnomes face reddens)

look on the bright side, theres a spectacular view from here......

(elderly runs for the ladder)

Anonymous said...

CABLE?

rofl

Oh dear...

Us gnomes do love the underground you know. Even though aerial is all we got here in G-ville.

Unknown said...

Gnome look im sorry i sent you up on the roof,it's just i get little forgetful spells like that from time to time........hope the neighbours reception is okay....

I'll make us a nice cup of tea and we'll try and forget this ever happened.......which should be easy for me

Anonymous said...

For me too. Us gnomes have gold-fish mempries when its a roof-related thing.

Nice tea, there.

Unknown said...

Thank you gnome, that makes me feel much better...gnome what are you drinking? i haven't boiled the kettle yet...

(stares in horror as gnome lifts the mug to his lips)

Anonymous said...

Shit!

Fertilizer. Sorry little plant.

Mr. Elderly, you saved me! Thank you! dearly...

Unknown said...

(rushes back with big tumbler of water) Gnome you've got to drink this, you need to flush it out of your system...

im so sorry, i thought i had...look im sorry, ill pay for any medical treatment or sudden growing limbs or stuff...

how could i have left, sheer carelessness on my behalf, it'll never happen again and thats a promise

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm fine.. No need to worry mr Elderly...

I'll just throw up here

And a bit here.


...

hours pass

...


here too
...

Unknown said...

diced carrots.........

since when did gnomes eat diced carrots?

(elderly wades through the rising pool of vomit......)

Thank god your weren't poisoned.....

Anonymous said...

Well, they don't, really.

Unknown said...

so how did twenty two kilograms of rocket propelled diced carrots from your stomach end up on my floor then?

(elderly shovels out some of the vomit carrot melange... gawks)

Anonymous said...

Cant really say..
Sorry for that...

Unknown said...

sokay, i just wont need to buy veg for (takes out calculator) 2 months....

Anonymous said...

:)

nice.... I've been helpful then.. in a way at least..

Unknown said...

every ...... outpouring......

has a silver lining.........

Anonymous said...

:)

!