Monday, February 20, 2006

Marc Ecko's Getting Up review, Website

Banned in Australia, but under appeal by Atari (like that'll achieve anything). One look at the website will have you partially understanding the ban (more name tagging than graffiti art, but then I haven't played the game so what would I know).
Metacritic score 72% based on 11 reviews

Reviews summary:
Smooth Controls
Rental recommendation
often exciting, appealing to action fans
engaging story
Gameplay solid and new
15 hours gameplay at least
Real Life taggers, Fantastic soundtrack
Painting element not that interesting
Glitches and game engine freakouts
one that will pass by largely unnoticed

elderly tags

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really love this game, my boyfriend sent it to me from overseas.. I found that it's foolish to be banned in Australia because we'll always find a way to play it - I find the plot and game play quite interesting and I think it really makes you appreciate Writers. It doesn't mean it encourages people writing and tagging, but its definitely a fun game and I recommend it to anyone who is willing to give it a shot.