Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Jolie, Facegen , xbox360 and Oblivion Characters



So your wondering what the old guys wittering on about now. Well this thread from xboxscene's online forum "put your face in Oblivion"

Your ahead of me already aren't you, okay so I downloaded the facegen modeller didn't I? (check your computer specs before downloading). Nifty piece of software there is no doubt as you can see from my amateurish first effort, an essential piece of kit for the budding 3d modellers and professional modellers alike.

So whose face would I like to see in Oblivion, oh say just of the top of my head we'll pick Angelina Jolie. So scanned in two photos (a profile and the shot above) and volia facegen behaved admirably after about 10 minutes I had the result above. Now what?

So I fervently copied the slider positions (from facegen to Oblivion character sliders) remarkably nearly all the settings were similar. Tried the slider on both imperial and nord characters, and the result? A human face no doubt, attractive in a 3 dimensional sense, better than I had managed previously myself. But alas no Angelina.

Oh well I tried, maybe I should have exaggerated the slider positions, maybe I should have upgraded my PC to run Oblivion, maybe just maybe the kind folk at Bethesda will allow us to upload some character headpacks on our 360 such as Ravenheart above from floydian1

elderly tags

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angelina, a nice one. She isn't very intimidating though. The lips of course... but that's a different discourse (!) altogether.

Anonymous said...

And that's a nice new banner you got there...

Unknown said...

Thank you! the plan was to have a new one every week, but photoshops proving to be a difficult mistress. With the help of some masking tape and a very sharp scalpel I hope to have it right soon.

And yes Angelina's lips are....special indeed.

(loses himself in reverie)

Anonymous said...

Im having more problems with my net connection- Have to keep things brief cause I never know when it will shut down..
So If if Im not around for a few days this is why!
Working on getting a new service- sooner than later I hope...
Will be back to catch up!

Unknown said...

Whenever you can Deitrix, we'll be glad to see you back, I'll leave the light on!

Anonymous said...

And the fridge is -quite- full ...

Unknown said...

Hurry back soon then, gnome has that "I've survived a famine" look about him

Anonymous said...

:)

Heh... that pbvious?

Anonymous said...

not pbvious, but obvious. Of course.

Unknown said...

It was the gurgling belly and the shirt with "feed me" on it that gave it away. Other than that it wasn't too obvious.

Anonymous said...

Nice to know.... But, you, dear Mr. Elderly, shouldn't worry. Clarice should.

Anonymous said...

Can u make a jessica alba one and
post the silder positions, so i can copy them across to my x360 oblivion

Unknown said...

Poor old Clarice, she's getting on a bit now....

Stu i've sent you an email with links, unfortunately i've uninstalled the demo, I should have thought of a piccy of the slider positions though, sorry! Thanks for comment though

Anonymous said...

can you post the slider positions so i can trasfer that angelina based oblivion model to my 360? thank you very much

Unknown said...

Being a bit of retarded elderly gamer, I of course never thought to take a snap of the slider positions. I'm sorry!

as you read above, even with the slider positions I was still only able to turn Angelina into an pretty ogre.... which wouldn't do at all.

Let's hope they start releasing facepaks for the 360 or at the very least putting numbers on the 360 sliders, then we'd have a chance...

Anonymous said...

Might swear you're fuckan' genius who made a perfect digital artfag masterpiece... Aaliyah or Angie have always been them queens of ispiration for a really talented guy. Well if you had some reasons for not makin' this perfect thang exported to an .fl file to share it across the world... even in Ukrania some people still prefer to run cracked software rather to purchase it. toofaced@mail.ru